Saturday, November 30, 2013

How I Use Coconut Oil

Heya, curlies!

I love using coconut oil as a pre-poo for my hair, but mostly during the warmer months. In the colder months, I usually pre-poo with EVOO because it's such a heavy oil for the winter dryness.
Right now, Syriah's hair takes coconut oil better than mine. I think that it's because my hair cannot take lots of protein, so if I constantly use coconut oil as I had been using previously, my hair will be more dry and brittle. So right now, coconut oil is mostly used as a pre-poo for both my daughter's hair instead of mine.
I also like using coconut oil on my face in the morning after I've washed my face. It's silky smooth, smells good, and not heavy at all. It's part of my facial routine. ;-)
Here is Syriah's hair with coconut oil in it. I have these pics in the previous post, I believe. This is on damp, finger de-tangled hair.

 Love the shine and the extra softness that it gives when I wash it out of her hair. It's amazing. Sometimes, I don't even need to use my Herbal Essences conditioner because the oil is so soothing that it's VERY easy to manipulate the hair. The last picture is the end result.
So, that's pretty much how I use my coconut oil during these cold months. Hope you guys enjoyed this post!  Follow me on Facebook for everyday tips and updates. Peace out!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Curls-of-Innocence/256662627753918?ref=hl


                    ~Epic Realist~



4 comments:

  1. Her hair looks amazing, Ms. Bree's hair takes coconut oil better during the warm months too, so right now we are using EVOO to pre-poo..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That's great; we're doing the same. ;) Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  2. I love her hair texture,its so beautiful! and her hair is so long

    ReplyDelete