Thursday, September 13, 2012

Shea Moisture and Eco Styler Twist Out Review

So, I finally tried the famous Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie mixed with Eco Styler Olive Oil gel in my hair. I had been thinking about this idea for a while anyway, but YouTube inspired me even more. I LOVE the consistency of both of these products, so I worked them into my damp hair.
What I did was use a small amount of the SM in small sections, about 6 twists on each side of my head, and then applied an even bigger amount of gel to each section. I didn't bother actually mixing them in a container; I just wanted to try it out first before dumping a bunch of one thing inside the other. My hair was automatically elongated and very moisturized. After that, I did smaller twists from each section, until I had about 15-20 twists on each side. I wrapped it up for bed and left the twists in for two days. When I took then out, I'd had one of the best, well-defined twists outs that I'd ever achieved so far during my entire hair journey.
So now I love this mixture! My hair was very moisturized, and a bit crunchy, as to be expected with any type of gel. But I loved it. I separated every twist to make it fuller, and fluffed it around a bit. I was able to fling my hair back and forth without effort, and it looked as if I'd just wet my hair. I've now been rocking this twist out for two days now, and it's a tad bit fuzzy but still wearable as long as I wrap it in a satin bonnet before bed.
Normally, my twist outs last for 3-4 days, no matter what I use to define them, but this stuff is definitely a keeper. I will be using this SM mixed with the ES for my best twist-outs ever!
Questions? Comment please! =)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Curls-of-Innocence/256662627753918
Peace out, curly mamas!

~Epic Realist~

4 comments:

  1. Do you think that The moracian argan oil eco will work?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it definitely should! I haven't tried this method since 2012, but it should work the same way. ;)

      Delete