Monday, April 7, 2014

My First Wash & Go EVER! KINKY CURLY CURLING CUSTARD Review

Heya, guys! Yes, you read the title right. I have actually never attempted a wash and go, not since I've been natural. I've just never actually needed to; I'm home most of the time, so I'm never in a situation where I have to fix my hair and run out the door or anything. My hair remains braided or twisted, or nowadays, in a bun or pineapple to preserve the twist out or braid out.
But since I had a chance to get KCCC (Kinky Curly Curling Custard) recently, I decided to finally try a wash and go. People have fallen in love with that product, and now I see why! It's actually all natural, I believe, or at least 99% natural. It's wonderful.
So on my wash day on Saturday, I co-washed my hair with the new As I Am Coconut Co-Wash I also got (yes, I actually co-washed, only because it's actually formulated for cleansing and not some random cheapie conditioner) from my CurlMart haul (previous post), conditioned with my Herbal Essences conditioner, and rinsed. Right after I towel blotted my hair and got dressed, I started sectioning my hair and applying the KCCC onto each section, after using a dab of coconut oil on my scalp and newly colored ends.
See new color review here!☆╮41- Textures and Tones Review: OMBRE Effect PART 2


Applying the KCCC



 
 
 

 


Now the only problem that I had with this was that I think I was supposed to re-wet my hair as I was doing it. Although I applied immediately after washing, I don't think my hair was wet enough. I say that because when my hair dried, it was super frizzy in the back and also very hard and crunchy on certain parts of my hair! It looked amazing as far as definition, but I could just tell that maybe I should have used my AVJ/water spritz on each section before applying the product.



                           After KCCC is Dry

 

 


It looks cute, though, except for the shrinkage, of course LOL! I pineappled my hair for the night and tied it with a satin scarf. I was curious to see how this wash and go would look on day 2.


Day 2

 


Well, it did look better! More volume, hangs better. My hair is still super hard in some areas, so hard and clumped together to where I cannot even pull the hairs apart (yikes), but I will probably spritz my ends again soon and pin it up before bed to loosen the hardness of it, then apply some oil and see if it still holds up. If not, oh well. That's the fun of experimenting, right?
At least I finally tried a wash and go, and I finally tried KCCC! Yay, me! Haha!
Let me know what you guys think and if you've ever tried this product. Was it a success or was it a half-failure like mine was? lol
Peace out till later, curlies! Stay curly!

~Epic Realist~


Personal blog link: http://epicrealist.blogspot.com/
WARNING: If you are easily offended by religious debates/statements, DO NOT even attempt to read this blog.



No comments:

Post a Comment