Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Mane & Tail Originally For... Horses!?

Hola, curly mamas! I wanted to talk about something random I just found out through a hair group on Facebook.
Someone posted a picture of some Mane & Tail hair products and asked if anyone has ever tried them. I hadn't tried those particular products, but before I could state that, someone else said that M&T was originally designed for... horse hair. O_O
Now, surprisingly, it wasn't that much of a surprise to me because when I was growing up, my mom used M&T on my hair and hers, but I've always wondered why there were horses on the front label and why it was called 'mane and tail'. I don't know; it's one of those weird things that kids probably pick up on more than adults. My mom swore by their shampoos and conditioners especially back in the day. I was shocked to hear that this speculation of mine was actually true. LOL! Check here on their website. http://manentail.com/faqs/
So with that being said, no wonder naturals have had a lot of bad things to say about M&T products. If it was supposed to cater to horses, then it must work well on naturally STRAIGHT hair, not curly hair. Interesting. I suppose the ingredients were safe for humans to use as well as animals when they decided to market this brand towards humans, or maybe not. They're probably very harmful. Who knows? I haven't used any Mane & Tail products in probably over ten/twelve YEARS. Now that I know this is the case, I will NOT be trying them out for my natural hair lol!
You learn something new every day, right? Knowledge is power. ;-)
Well, that's all for now. Gonna go chill out because kids are down for the night. Woo hoo! #36weekspreggo

Peace out till later, folks! 
                               ~Epic Realist~
Personal blog link: http://epicrealist.blogspot.com/
WARNING: If you are easily offended by religious debates/statements, DO NOT even attempt to read this blog.



No comments:

Post a Comment