Thursday, December 6, 2012

Baby Baldness?

Do you guys know that bald line that babies have going through the back of their heads when they're young?

That, contrary to popular belief, is NOT from babies laying on their backs all the time. I have 3 kids, and all of them have always slept on their stomachs (yes, I am aware of SIDS), so their heads were sideways EVERY DAY when they slept.

My first two kids had that same bald line growing, 

although they were on their stomachs when they slept. My third kid (5 months old) began to show signs of that same 'baldness pattern' just recently, despite all of them being born with a full head of hair. She sleeps on her stomach as well. But you know what I decided to do? I put some JBCO on that whole spot, and now her hair is growing in there. That stuff works wonders! If I can get some pics, I will soon.

So don't be discouraged if you have a baby whose hair is growing in like that. Try using some castor oil on it, or lay them on silk covers. It's not about the positioning. It just depends on your child and your genes. Some babies get that bald thing going even though they sleep on their stomachs. It's not something you can prevent, but you can speed up the growth process back there. =) 



~Epic Realist~

No comments:

Post a Comment