Saturday, January 19, 2013

KCCM Castor Oil Challenge- Week 8

Hey guys! These are my check in questions from Kinky Curly Coily Me's Castor Oil Challenge- Week 8.
I'm sad because I'm out of JBCO and can't order more at the moment. Nooooooooooooooo! (throws fit)


1. How long did it take you to finally make the decision to become natural? When you became fully natural were you surprised at all by your texture? Why/why not?
It didn't take me very long to make the decision to start transitioning back in April 2009. My mom, sister, and I all stopped getting perms that month/year. I wasn't too surprised by my texture because I didn't perm a lot at all. I could go 4-6 months without a perm, so I pretty much saw my natural texture, anyway. I loved it, even though before I transitioned, I still had the notion that my edges and new growth needed to be slick down. Full hair story and video here. =)
http://www.curlsofinnocence.bl...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...
2. How do you feel about HUMIDITY? Does it effect your hair in any way? If so, how so?
HUmidity does effect my hair a lot. It makes my hair frizz up, but on those humid days, I make sure to use shea butter and/or gel to slick it up so that it doesn't frizz up. it always works. A lot of times on humid days, I wear up dos (ponytails, buns).
3. How did you do last week (week 7)? Did you follow through with your goals? Any challenges thus far?
I've been... hanging on. Haven't fully stuck to my goals. Money is tight, I'm actually out of JBCO now and can't order any more at the moment (please don't kick me out of the challenge!). So I've been doing my usual hair routine, and also using my whipped shea butter which has a LITTLE bit of JBCO in it. Trying.
4. (optional) Post a pic of your hair after being effected by humidity. OR Post a pic of how you wear your hair to prevent it from being effected by humidity.
Awww... don't have one. I don't get out of the house a lot, so I don't even see many humid days.

~Epic Realist~

No comments:

Post a Comment