Saturday, January 26, 2013

KCCM Castor Oil Challenge- Week 9

Here's the check in questions from week 9. :D



1. Do you think natural hair is a fad? Why or why not?
It's not a fad for me. I was natural since I hit 15 years old and then was allowed to perm, so it was no big deal giving it up. When I did not perm often, I realized what my natural hair was supposed to look like in between perms I and accepted it a long time ago. I'm in this hair journey for the long haul. Now, for other women, I DO believe that some others are doing it for the wrong reasons; because someone else made them, someone else pressured them, or perhaps they want to make videos and blogs and get the attention that other 'upcoming' naturals are getting. Maybe they could care less about the health of their hair; they just to get it long as quickly as possible so they can brag and flaunt it in everyone's faces. This is just my opinion because I see lots of black women becoming arrogant and telling others about their own hair. Here is a post that I made from last year April... natural hair rant! LOL!http://www.curlsofinnocence.bl...
And we've got different debates: Oh, she's not all natural because she straightens her hair, I was natural FIRST so you guys are copycats... who the hell cares?http://www.curlsofinnocence.bl...
2. What is something that your hair CAN’T do that you see other Naturalistas do?
Hmmm... I can't think of one thing, My twist outs are awesome, my braid outs are awesome, my wash and gos (even though I rarely do them) are great as well.The only thing that I sometimes wish is that my hair wasn't so darn thick because it can be a challenge to style. But I'm used to it now. Then I force myself to be thankful because a lot of women would KILL for my hair thickness! =)
3. How did you do last week (week 8)? Did you follow through with your goals? Any challenges thus far?
Well, since I cannot buy another bottle of JBCO at the moment (can't find it in stores and can't order right now), I'm only using my whipped shea butter that has some JBCO mixed in it when I made it. Been using that all over my hair every other day, using my new paddle brush to work it in.

~Epic Realist~

No comments:

Post a Comment