Sunday, July 28, 2013

Trimming Natural Hair

Heya, curly mamas! It's been a little while since I was able to make a post. So here goes my post about trimming natural hair.
I trimmed Syriah's hair before I put mini braids in it almost two weeks ago... her first trim of the year. It wasn't hard. I had washed her hair the day before and put a few fat twists in it to air dry. The next day, I took the twists out one at a time... and trimmed about an inch off of each twist with cutting shears after unraveling it. The shears came from my hair cutting kit that I use to cut my husband's and son's hair.
Syriah's ends had been looking a little rough for a good minute and it needed to be done. Her hair looked much healthier afterward. Her reaction was adorable... she just stared in awe at the hair I'd cut off without asking any questions. LOL!
I explained to her why I had to cut a little off of her hair and she didn't seem to mind.

How does your girl react after a trim? Does she ask what's going on, does she throw a fit and panic about losing hair, or does she sit in obedience? I would like to hear 'trimming stories'. Hehe. 

Until next time, curlies!

~Epic Realist~

No comments:

Post a Comment