Sunday, January 12, 2014

MAJOR Breakage & Sally's Haul

Heya, guys! I wanted to show you what's been going on with my hair lately. I've had a hair setback that I'm not too proud of. :(  Natural Hair Setback

Check out the video link or click the picture above to see the details.

I am hoping that this breakage is irreversible. I did some research and went to Sally's to get an ApHogee product that I had heard raves about as far as restoring damaged hair. It was seven dollars and change for the small bottle, so I hope that it works for me!
I got the ApHogee Keratin 2 Minute Reconstructor, which is apparently notorious for helping to strengthen and repair hair. I was careful to get this one and not the protein treatment, because a load of protein is the last thing my hair needs right now lol! I got the Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie (an old fave) mostly for my daughters because my hair especially can't handle protein during the colder months. Although this product only has silk protein in it, it still has coconut oil in it, which adds more protein. And you know from a previous post how my hair feels about protein during the colder months. LOL! But for my kids, it works just fine without the crispy feeling the next day.
The last thing I got from Sallys was the satin scarf in the picture. One of my other satin bonnets had recently fallen apart. The elastic was stretched out really bad and basically, the thing had to be discarded. So I threw it away and got this new kind for two bucks. Here's a pic of me wearing it. lol

I am still doing the KCCM challenge this winter, although it's been rough keeping up with it and my three busy kids and their homeschooling/mischief. But I'm doing it! So that's my update for now. I'll let you guys know how the ApHogee worked out for me... as soon as I get a chance to use it. LOL!

Peace out, till later, curly mamas!

~Epic Realist~
Click Diva chic's pic above to see her newest hair video! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment