Saturday, May 19, 2012

New Hairstyle #2

Heya, guys! This may be my last update until my baby's born, because I'm 37 weeks and really close now. Been really busy and tired. Good thing hubby is able to be home with me now. =)
I have new hairstyle pics to show! =)



It's another style I created out of thin air the other day. I like to combine styles and mix it up sometimes. In the future, I may do tutorials on how to do certain styles if there are people who'd really like to try them and can't figure it out, but right now, I'm too camera shy to plaster myself on YouTube like that. LOL! Plus, these few styles are considered easy. Well, to me, that is.
I bought another Shea Moisture product from Walgreens a few days ago because the curling smoothie had finally run out after two months. Glad I was able to stretch it that long. I wanted to get it again, but it was gone, all out stock, along with the shampoo. Funny how natural hair is a really big hit nowadays. I refuse to buy it online; not worth the shipping costs when I can get it right up the street for 10 bucks. So I got the Shea Moisture Organic Raw Shea Butter Deep Treatment Hair Masqu instead. I needed a deep conditioner anyway because my hair has been parched lately, especially with me being too tired to upkeep any kind of regimen. I haven't used it yet for deep conditioning purposes, but I look forward it. It can be used as a deep conditioner, where you leave it on for a certain time and rinse it out, and it can also be used as a leave in.
I put a little in my hair that evening around the edges and in the morning, my hair was extremely soft and moisturized! Some people say that it does better as a leave in than anything else, but hey, we shall see soon enough.
Syriah's hair has been growing. I love the health of her hair now, and I will stop at nothing to make sure that she doesn't lose her hair due to breakage or dryness. I have to remember to put a little something on her curls every day, whether it's a cream, oils to seal her dry ends, or my own whipped shea butter mixture. Same with Jamian, because his hair gets just as dry. His hair just isn't as long, and he's a boy, so it's not urgent.

Tip of the day: Don't be such a product junkie! You will end up wasting money. Find one brand at a time, test out whichever parts of it you'd like to try, and if you absolutely don't like it, then at least finish using it or give it to someone who could use it. I can't stand seeing women who go ahead and buy like five different types of products, use all of them during their next hair wash, and then get a bad result. Then they don't even know which product to even blame for their misfortune, because they used Shima oil before washing, then washed with Aubrey Organics shampoo, then used Kinky Kurly conditioner, then deep conditioned with Shea Moisture's Hair Masque, then used a Taliah Waajid product as a leave in. Please don't confuse yourself and try several different hair products at once, because more than likely, your hair will go into shell shock. And I don't blame it! 

Well, that's my little update. Hopefully, next time you get a new post, it'll include a picture of my newest family member. Pray that I don't need another C-section, too. LOL!

Peace out till later, curly mamas! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment