Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Hair Tip #2

Hola, curly mamas! I bought a new water bottle for the first time since... I don't even remember when I got my first spray bottle ever. It's been at least over six months. I know that I put the date on it somewhere, but it probably rubbed off a while ago. My old one had gunk in it that I could not get out, and it was worrying me. It began to look like mold, and since it was really hard to wash out because of the small neck area, I couldn't ever get to the dirt. So I got rid of it and got a new one.

Hair Tip #2: Pay attention to the condition of your water bottles. If you have put something other than water in them for a long period of time, the spray bottle, which isn't usually easy to clean, could contract mold and dirt. You could be spraying mold into your hair and not know it. 
I bought a new water bottle for the first time since... I don't even remember when I got my first spray bottle ever. I know that I put the date on it somewhere, but it probably rubbed off somewhere. My old one had gunk in it that I could not get out, and it was worrying me. It began to look like mold, and since it was really hard to wash out because of the small neck area, I couldn't ever get to the dirt. So I got rid of it and got a new one.
Previously, what I had in the bottle was water, Tresemme conditioner, and a little bit of whatever oil I had. That's probably where the most build up came from.
The bottles are cheap in beauty supply stores, no more than two bucks. What I currently use in my water spritzing bottle is water, vegetable glycerin, and peppermint oil. I love this new mixture, and the veggie glycerin is working WONDERS for baby Mari's curls. It definitely keeps them moist longer than normal.
Just a friendly reminder to replace your water bottles often. I will surely keep my eye out for bacteria sooner! ;-)


~Epic Realist~

No comments:

Post a Comment