Tuesday, April 30, 2013

I DYED My Natural Hair! (Shea Moisture Color Review)

Hola, curly mamas! I dyed my hair for the first time! I used Shea Moisture's new color system in medium golden blonde. My hair is now reddish, or the ends of it are. I thought about doing only the ends because one kit wouldn't cover my whole head, so whatever I had left over, I used at the front of my hair.The details are in this video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwLpvsKatQ4



Since Blogger won't let me post the video here at the moment, I just shared the video link with the details.
I LOVE my new hair color! It's not as potent as it would be if I were to color my hair a second time, which is what I plan to do. But it's what I expected it to be.
My hair is BEYOND soft after using this formula. I am sold on this hair dye! Here are a few pics...


The color did not turn my hair blonde, which was awesome because I didn't want it to be anywhere near blonde. LOL! It only lifts two shades from your original hair color. I love the packaging and the fact that they give you shampoo and conditioner to use, and the finishing elixir. Everything in the dyeing process smelled really good, too. And if you know me, I am very big on smells. LOL! Very simple instructions, very simple process. 
I have realized one of my mistakes; I didn't comb the color through. I didn't realize that that's what it stated on the instructions because I am so used to not using a comb on my hair. I was just using my fingers to rake through and then twist my hair back up. I should have used a comb to really get it more even. But hey, the first time is always a trial and error process. I know what to do next time to get better results. I am beyond happy anyway. I am no longer afraid of coloring my hair! I am 26 years old and I finally did it! Haha!

Hope you enjoyed the review and the video review. Peace out till later, folks! Let me know your experiences with this hair dye if you've tried it. xD

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Curls-of-Innocence/256662627753918?ref=hl
https://twitter.com/Epicrealist
http://epicrealist.blogspot.com/

~Epic Realist~

No comments:

Post a Comment