Monday, March 10, 2014

It's a BOY! (Plans and Birthday Hair)

Hola, curly mamas! So from my pregnancy announcement from the last post, I found out shortly after that what the gender is. It's a BOY! Woo hoo! Just what we wanted. I had that feeling anyway, but hey, always better to know for sure than to speculate. My belly is extremely low, which happened to be another sign even though my pregnancy with Symari was also super low. (shrugs)
So I will have two girls and two boys. I love having it evened out; most people are surprised that it turned out that way. When it comes to pregnancy, we always get the gender we want, which is amazing. I'm way too excited for May to come now! (currently 29 weeks preggo)
As far as hair, I will see. I might let his hair grow out this time, like I originally wanted to do to Jam's but he was so tender-headed at the time. Plus, this was around the time when I didn't yet have the knowledge of natural hair that I do now, nor the money to invest in better products, so his hair was pretty much always a tangled mess. Yes, I did wet it before combing it, but he still screamed, cried and fought and at the time, I couldn't deal with it. So when he turned one, I did a botched up home haircut (I didn't own clippers at the time) with scissors and cut most of his hair off, with the exception of his rat tail. So his rat tail has been there since birth.


                                                     Old rat tail pic

So like I said, we will see what's in store for boy #2. Depends on how much hair I can handle in this family LMAO! I've got mine, my two girls, Jam's hair that I'm currently growing out a bit to see if he'll tolerate it this time, and my hubby's haircuts, which aren't often, but still. Hair everywhere! lol
Since I now know how to corn braid fairly well, it'll be no problem putting the boys' hair in braids if I don't feel like dealing with their hair at the moment. My hair is almost waist length, and requires a lot of work; Syriah's is at butt length for her size. But I still enjoy doing my family's natural hair. It's therapeutic and makes me feel proud to not have to rely on a salon or a barber. ;)

I did a style re-creation thingee  on my hair the other day, and I was able to see how far my hair has really come over the last two years. Wowzers! O_O

 

          March 2012                March 2014, same style


Riah chic's Birthday Hair

Syriah turned FIVE years old on March 3rd! She's such a big girl now! I let her wear make up for the first time ever, and she LOVED it. I did what I did last year to her hair and 'carved' her age in it. But last year, I was a bit more successful in it that I was this year. The corn braided five didn't exactly come out the way I wanted it to. But oh well! I tried. lol

                      Last year's style (2013)




This year's style (2014)


 

 

So that's all the updates I have for now. Peace out, curlies!

~Epic Realist~


No comments:

Post a Comment