Saturday, November 29, 2014

Got Gorilla Snot? (REVIEW)

Hola, curly mamas! This is my mini product haul. I had ten bucks to spend and I was out of conditioner AND leave in, so I found new products to try. By the way, that leave in is full of proteins, so my hair will probably act up with it, but I wanted to try it anyway. 
I finally found that Gorilla Snot that everyone in the Facebook 'Beads, Braids, & Beyond' hair group always raves about! Walmart actually had it this time. This is a Mexican product, so most of the text is in Spanish. I have already tried it all of these products, but this Gorilla Snot is the main one I have been aching to try.
Quite frankly, I was a little intimidated to try something with this name. I mean, wouldn't you? What it it really was gorilla's snot? LOL! #IJS

 

Gorilla Snot Review

Consistency: VERY gooey/gluey substance. Extremely sticky!
Look: Yellow and slimy
Smell:  very light chemically smell, not strong
Ingredients: Water, PVP (used for crunchy hold) Alcohol, PEG-150, Sorbitol (binds water), Hydroxyethylcellulose, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Cyamopsis Tetragonoloba Gum (Guar), Fragrance, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Yellow 10 (CI 47005), Yellow 6 (CI 15985), Green 8 (CI 59040)
Not at all the best ingredients, especially the alcohol, and I haven't used any alcohol products in ages, and the artificial colors are a no-no
Effectiveness: Highly effective for slicking down hair; however, it has the tendency to leave white flakes after a day (in my hair, that is). Didn't do so in Syriah's hair for some reason when I left her hair twisted with this stuff
Overall grade: B+
Why: This gel is AWESOME for slicking down every little piece of hair that sticks up, BUT the hold is way too crunchy for my taste. I would honestly never try this gel for a wash and go because my hair would be rock hard and would probably barely even move after drying.  Also, I'm not fond of the color additives. They're totally unnecessary. But for edges, this product is BEAST! Yes, I would use it again, but sparingly.

So, that's my review for this product. Keep a look out on YouTube. I will have a video review on this soon. Hope you enjoyed this review! Peace out and Happy Holidays! <3

~Epic Realist~

No comments:

Post a Comment